Roam the streets of the trendiest neighborhood in Los Angeles. The Fashion District is the home to the largest selection of textiles and notions in the United States.
The area features over 2,000 independently owned retail and wholesale businesses. Whether you are a fashionista, aspiring designer or stylist, bargains are plentiful in the Fashion District.
Stroll down Santee Alley — the downtown open-air marketplace located between Santee Street and Maple Avenue — and experience the festival-like atmosphere and wallet-friendly shopping.
Fashion District Fast Facts
- Many stores in the district are cash only.
- The district is also home to the six-block Los Angeles Flower District.
- About 80% of the L.A. Fashion District is dedicated to wholesale business.
- On the last Friday of every month, showrooms participate in sample sales and sell their end-of-season samples to the public at bargain prices.
- Saturdays are the busiest days for the district.
- Only about 30 percent of stores are open on Sundays.